So, I’ve been struggling with this whole visualisation part of my 100 day challenge. The 5 minute journal is something I’m really enjoying, the meditation is something I think I’ll come to enjoy but the visualisation thing is proving to be quite a challenge!
For the first two days, I spent about 5 minutes a day just imagining myself in a nice house, having a few nice things but it didn’t seem a) real or b) focussed. I spent most of Day 3 dreading the visualisation and trying to think of ways I could make it feel more real and focussed. And then it hit me – a vision board!!!
I did a quick search of Google images and found some pictures that I thought would represent my dreams for the next 100 days. Then off I went to make my vision board.
Turns out this wasn’t as easy as I had first thought. You can obviously tell by the design and layout of my blog (and this vision board) that I’m not tech savvy. But how the hell do you stick a bunch of images together digitally and quickly? Enter Picasa!!!! My new favourite toy. There are of course other ways you can create vision board such as these but Picasa is the one for me!
So, after playing around with this for an hour or so (yes, it took me that long) I created this here vision board:
But what does it all mean? Allow me to explain. Over the next 97 days, I intend to focus on this vision board and visualise:
1. The Happy Soul Hub becoming a successful blog
2. Getting pregnant (I’m not trying for a baby yet but I’m approaching 38 and my body clock is ticking loud and hard. I don’t necessarily feel ready to have a baby just yet… I mean if Mother Nature allowed it I’d probably wait another 10 years but they say you’re never ready, so this is the year!)
3. Hawaii – I have dreamed of going to Hawaii for as long as I can remember. I’m going to visualise this happening. That I go in style, staying at the best hotel and not worrying about my spending money.
4. Making more money! For now, I’m going to visualise earning an extra £2,000 a month. Not sure how this is going to happen but I’m going to focus on seeing my bank statements increase by that sum every month.
5. Buying a flat to rent. There are some new flats being built close to my house, I’d like to buy one of these flats which is something I’m nowhere near doing right now. But hey, might as well visualise it!
6. Becoming a successful Harley Street Hypnotherapist. I’m currently training to be a Hypnotherapist and this is something I’d really love to pursue. If you’re going to dream, might as well dream big so Harley Street is it!
7. Being lucky! For the next 97 days, I’m going to visualise that luck is on my side.
8. Doing up my house. I moved into my new house a year ago and I haven’t been able to do much with it. I’m going to visualise my home becoming my perfect living environment
Right, that should keep me occupied for more than 5 minutes a day! I’m planning on looking at my vision board every morning whilst I’m on my way to work and slowly moving around each picture, visualising having each of these things.
I read somewhere that in order for visualisation / the Law of Attraction to work you have to get the feeling of already having what you want. So, if I want a new handbag I have to imagine how I’d feel having that new handbag. As we know, whenever you want something new, a few days after you have it you feel as if you’d had it all along.. that’s the feeling I need to create when I’m looking at my vision board.