There’s so much information out there on the law of attraction yet thousands of people still struggle with manifesting their true desires.
If you’re interested in the law of attraction, you’ve probably come across the work of Esther Hicks and the teachings of Abraham Hicks. Whatever you think about Esther (it took me a while to get my head around it), she seems to talk a lot of sense.
I’ve recently finished the bestselling book Ask and it is Given; learning to manifest the law of attraction by Esther and Jerry Hicks and thought I’d share some of the insights I learned to help you (and me) on our manifesting journey!
The quotes below are some of the most useful I found in the book:
- In the same way that sculptors mold clay into the creation that pleases them, you create by molding Energy. You mold it through your power of focus – by thinking about things, remembering things, and imaging things. You focus the Energy when you speak, when you write, when you listen, when you are silent, when you remember, and when you imagine – you focus it through the projection of thought.
I have a tendency to think and talk about the past A LOT! It’s no wonder I never feel like I’m moving forward!
- As long as you are more aware of what you do not want regarding this situation, what you do want cannot come to you. In other other words, if you are predominately thinking about your beautiful new car, then it is steadily making it’s way to you, but if you are predominately thinking about your undependable current car, your dependable new car cannot move toward you.
Yep, guilty again! I have to admit I spend a lot of time thinking about what I don’t want to happen in life. I don’t want people to let me down, I don’t want to get ill, I don’t want bad things to happen etc! This is a major lesson for me!
- If you are thinking about something that you have been wanting for a long time and you are imagining that it is happening, then your emotion would be one of anticipation or eagerness.This is important to remember. I have done a few manifestation experiments in the past and the benefit of doing an ‘experiment’ is that you’re eager to see the outcome of what you’ve manifested. I forget this in my daily life and manifestation practices and after a few days, I start noticing everything that hasn’t turned up!
- Your mood is always showing you a good representation of what you are inviting into your experience. Your mood, or your general feeling about something, is a clear indication of your practiced vibration.I grew up being called ‘moody’ by my 4 siblings… it explains a lot! Time to get happy!
- Once you expect something, it will come.Yes!!!
- You have the ability to direct your own thoughts; you have the option of observing things as they are, or of imagining them as you want them to be – and whichever option you choose, whether you are imaging or observing, is equally powerful. You have the option of remembering something as it actually occurred or imaging it as you would prefer. You have the option of remembering something that pleased you or remembering something that did not please you. You have the option of anticipating something you want or anticipating something you do not want. In every case your thoughts produce a vibration within you that equals your point of attraction, and then circumstances and events line up to match the vibration that you have offered.
Considering I spend a lot of time in the past, if I’m going to go down memory lane I choose to just focus on the good memories!
- It is not your job to make something happen – Universal Forces are in place for all of that. Your work is to simply determine what you want.Big lesson for me. It sounds really stupid but when I do visualisations I struggle to think about what I want. I’ve become so used to thinking small that I find it hard (unbelievable) to think on a grand scale. But I truly believe in the law of attraction so it’s time to be specific with my desires!
- If you have the ability to imagine it, or even to think about it, this Universe has the ability and the resources to deliver it fully unto you.Well exactly that, time to start thinking big!
- The greatest gift you could ever give to another is your own happiness, for when you are in a state of joy, happiness, or appreciation, you are fully connected to the Stream of pure, positive Source Energy that is truly who you are. And when you are in that state of connection, anything or anyone that you are holding as your object of attention benefits from your attention.I am responsible for the energy I bring to every interaction. Time to bring happiness not moodiness (this is going to be a tough one. lol)!
- When you expect something, it is on the way. When you believe something, it is on the way. When you fear something, it is on the way.
Time to move from fear into positive expectation.
- If you are not expecting it, you are not allowing it.
This goes with point 7. If I’m not dreaming big, I’m not expecting or allowing big life changes to happen!
There are so many pearls of wisdom in Ask and It Is Given: Learning to Manifest Your Desires (Law of Attraction) and I’ll be talking more about these in my next post. But if you want to check them out for yourself, check out the book (you will not be disappointed!).